Notice to Community
January 25, 202,
Gitxaała governing council wishes to express our sincere sympathies to the Williams Lake First Nations and thank them for the courage to do the hard work of sharing their findings of the unmarked graves of those left behind during the Indian Residential School era. We stand with and support Williams Lake First Nations and all survivors in the quest for justice and healing for our community and all First Nations.
The news is difficult to hear and at this time, we share the toll-free numbers for those impacted by the difficult findings. Please reach out to any of the numbers listed For those living in Lach Klan, you may also reach out to our local health staff member Sapna for assistance.
- IRSSS Toll-Free Line: 1-800-721-0066
- 24hr National Crisis Line: 1-866-925-4419
- KUU-US Crisis Line: 1-800-588-8717
- Tsow-Tun-Le Lum: 1-888-403-3123
- Kitkatla Nursing Station: Sapna, 250-848-2254