The successful candidate will perform a range of Human Resources related duties that include ensuring the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Gitxaala Nation Human Resources plans and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with managers and staff related to human resources programs
- Maintain and update employee files, ensuring all files are kept confidential in keeping with privacy and legislation
- Complete all hire, change and separation paperwork
- Work with managers to ensure job descriptions are updated
- Interpret policies and provide related assistance and advice to managers and staff
- Provide coaching, advice, and assistance on HR matters to employees and managers as required
- Recommend policy and process changes that will improve staff morale, satisfaction, and engagement
- Oversee employee relations issues (e.g., employee complaints) in accordance with all legal requirements
- Proactive management of WorkSafeBC injury and other disability claims focusing on prevention and return to work and liaising with WorkSafeBC and insurance providers on claims
- Investigate accidents thoroughly and effectively in collaboration with the department managers, ensure accident claims are appropriately processed and prepare related reports and recommendations
- Oversee recruitment, employee training and development within the Gitxaala Nation
- Perform other tasks within the scope of the position.