Gitxaała territories stretch from the Nass River to Aristazabel Island, on the north coast of what
is now British Columbia. The Gitxaała , also known as Git Lax M’oon, people of the saltwater are
one of the most ancient societies on the coast. The village of Lach Klan (Kitkatla, BC) has been
continuously inhabited since time immemorial.
Gitxaała hereditary leaders from the four clans, Gisputwada, Ganhada, Lax’sgiik and Laxgibuu,
manage and protect their territories and resources according to their ayaawx, traditional laws.
Gitxaała harvesters use almost 100 different marine and terrestrial resources to feed their
community. Gitxaała citizens, currently numbering 2094, wherever they reside, celebrate
their history, practice their traditions, respect their laws, and cherish their lands, waters and
The Health Receptionist – On Call is primarily responsible for answering phones, managing patient
information, and organizing files. The Health Receptionist reports to the Director of Health and Safety.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
- Coordinate correspondence including mail, fax, email.
- Coordinate purchases and inventory management including gathering quotes, requisitions and
ordering of materials or supplies.
- General understanding of confidential health and safety procedures for the work
Relationship Building and Teamwork
- Establish and foster strong working relationships within and external to the Nation.
- Maintain composure and perspective in difficult or unpredictable situations.
- Model and follow the policies and procedures of the Nation.
- Represent the Nation and its interest to stakeholders through professional appearance and
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Handle in-person, phone and other requests and inquiries for information in a respectful,
professional and client- centric manner.
- Must follow Nations Code of Ethics.
- Must confirm the importance of understanding Confidentiality.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary in the performance of the position and as
assigned by Director of Health and Safety.
- Understand and comply with privacy legislation.
- Prepare various materials using MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
While we recognize the value of diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from people of
all backgrounds in accordance with section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code; candidates of Indigenous
background are encouraged to self-identify on their application.
When applying for this position, please forward cover letter, resume and references to the Director
of the Department and CC the Human Resources Manager.
Open unit position is filled.
Maureen Tommy, CAO | EMAIL: email@example.com
Monica Michell, CIHRP | Human Resources Manager | EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, please note that only those short listed for an
interview will be contacted.