This is a rewarding role in which you can make a difference in the lives of our youth, by promoting their personal, educational, cultural and social development. Further, you will help implement and facilitate programs and activities designed to build capacity and empower youth in the communities we serve.
The Youth Empowerment Worker (YEW) will work under the direct supervision of the Band Social Worker.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Building a strong relationship with the youth
- Engage with youth daily (creative arts, science, technology, cultural values, life, and leadership skills
- Land based Learning is essential – training will be provided
- Work in collaboration with Northwest Inter-Nation Family & Child Services (NIFCS), along side other
Youth Empowerment Workers on the planning and implementation of a variety of community events
to promote the personal wellness of youth
- Follow youth empowerment calendar for events and activities
- Lead, participate and coach youth in programs activities that occur in evenings and on weekends
- Ensure the safety of youth and report any incidents promptly
- Provide support, guidance and direction while promoting anti-bullying
- Assist with creating activities for all youth
- Follow policies, procedures and protocols including completion of related forms and documents
- Assist with event planning, as required
- Assist youth in identifying individual plans and goals
- Ensure that youth are engaged and connected to the program and supports offered
- Assist youth in assessing outside services where applicable, working with the NIFCS Team
- Keep current on all social concerns and trends, and as required attend professional development
activities to remain informed regarding issues affecting youth
- Actively assist in the ongoing development and review of program plans
- Work within a team-based environment for the delivery of services to youth, families, and elders
- Perform other duties within the scope of the position, as assigned.