Gitxaała Nation Community Food Security Division encourages local food production and thereby maintains a Community Garden and a Greenhouse.
We are seeking two reliable and hard-working individuals to join our team as Garden Workers. As a garden worker, you will be responsible for performing various gardening duties. Details of duties listed below.
- Cutting grass and removal of debris in and around the Community Garden.
- Planting crops in growing beds.
- Weeding crop beds.
- Watering plants
- Fertilizing plants as directed by the lead gardener.
- Mulching of plant beds.
- Harvesting of crops and fruits.
- Washing of produce and packing for distribution.
- Keep garden areas clean and tidy.
- Composting of garden waste.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Physically fit and able to perform manual labour tasks.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions.
Program provides attractive wages and job security over longer periods.
Please submit a simple resume to Warren Nelson
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Warren directly by phone: 778-884-8993