Position: Post-Secondary Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Education, Training and Employment
Location: Prince Rupert
Start Date: As soon as possible
Located in Prince Rupert with monthly trips to Lach Kan (Kitkatla), the Nation is looking to add an experienced post-secondary professional to the Gitxaala Education team. Reporting to the Director of Education, Training and Employment, the Post-secondary Coordinator will be responsible for program oversight, will work with Gitxaala Education departments to promote higher education and training, implement initiatives and provide member support.
About The Role:
As a member of the Continuous Learning Centre Educational team, the Post-secondary Coordinator is responsible for providing guidance and support, career counselling/planning and referrals, merging the business priorities and objectives of the Nation with well-developed student support programs and practices.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Administer a post-secondary plan in alignment with governing bodies.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and communications with post-secondary students, service providers, FNESC, and other agencies to support student success.
- Offer counselling and support services to students including career and educational planning.
- Develop annual marketing strategy for post-secondary recruitment.
- Prepare post-secondary reporting to meet funding and other requirements.
- Participate in annual policy review and provide input for policy changes.
- Responsible for student records management and maintenance, ensuring security and integrity of student records.
As the Ideal Candidate:
- You hold a degree or Diploma in Business, Counselling or Social Work or equivalent experience; administrative certifications are considered an asset (Office or Business diploma)
- You bring 2-3 years of experience gained in a post-secondary or similar environment working with diverse client groups including First Nations.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to deal with people in a professional manner.
- You are a collaborator with the capacity to build relationships across departments yet work independently and with confidentiality in order to serve department and learner needs.
- You are highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other student and/or information systems.
- You can successfully undergo a criminal records review or police record check is required.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to: Norman Ridley, Finance Assistant at: email@example.com