Position: Music Teacher (all grades
Reports to: Superintendant
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Differentiating music lessons for K4-G12 to meet the needs of all students.
- Incorporating traditional drum and dance.
- Building collaborative and effective relationships with students, staff, parents and the community.
- Actively participating in the community.
- Providing supervision, guidance and instruction for students in their social, academic, and personal lives.
- Assisting students living with disabilities to meet their academic goals.
- Planning and organizing individual and group programs using multi-disciplinary approaches.
- Holding meaningful and insightful conversations with students, faculty, and parents, and mediating communication between these groups.
- Proactively identifying methods for growth, development, and mentorship.
- Developing other music-related programs as needed.
Qualities and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of First Nations communities in the Pacific Northwest.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to manage multiple student files.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of personal or life skills management.
- Training or teaching experience or qualification.
- Comfortable working with children of different ages, as well as faculty and parents.
- Leadership skills when working with groups and individuals.
- Experience working with children.
- Cleared to work with children.
We provide Two-year contracts, health benefits, pension, a $3,000 moving allowance, a retention bonus after the second year $3,000 and a competitive salary (between $60,000 and $110,000 depending on qualifications and experience).
For additional information or to submit an application for this position, send your cover letter, resume, three references and documentation of your credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Lach Klan School
The Gitxaała, also known as Git Lax Mo’on, people of the salt water, is one of the most ancient societies on the Northwest coast. The community has a population of approximately 300 people. Health and wellness guide a variety of community initiatives, often including Lach Klan School. Our school includes preschool to grade 12 and currently serves 75 students. We are located in Kitkatla, about 45km southwest of Prince Rupert on Lax Klan (Dolphin Island) and accessible by boat and seaplane. The area is home to a wide variety of animal and sea life, a multitude of islands, and breathtaking views. This area is abundant with opportunities for an outdoor enthusiast.