Position: Lach Klan School seeking a Kitchen/ Food Manager
Reports to: Superintendant
Responsibilities – Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Preparing healthy breakfast and healthy snack items such as muffins, pancakes, oat bars, smoothies, fruit salads, salads, sandwiches, etc.
- Serving meals to students as directed by the school administration
- Setting up tables and cleaning them after each meal is served
- Maintaining food stocks, preparing food items for storage, and ordering new supplies as needed
- Weighing and measuring students’ food portions to ensure that they meet federal nutrition guidelines
- Preparing and serving hot meals to students, faculty members, and staff members as needed
- Monitoring the condition of the facility and maintaining cleanliness by sweeping floors and wiping tables, chairs, and other surfaces
- Teaching Grade 8-12 cooking classes
- Creating and leading cooking activities for K4-G7
- Managing the school kitchen during community events outside of school time
- Ensuring the kitchen stays open during community crises
- Managing and co-ordinating school functions and course activities that involve cooking/ food
- Setthing up the kitchen before school starts for the breakfast program; and ensuring everything is cleaned and packed away every night
- Managing additional staff where necessary
- Training and managing student kitchen workers
- Managing own and staff schedules
- Food safe certification
- Commitment to becoming certified as a cook
- High School Graduate or evidence of enrolment of upgrading for Grade 12
- Strong communication skills
- Able to create and follow a detailed schedule
- Must be reliable, supportive and a positive role model in the community
- Must follow the policy and procedures as set out by the Gitxaala Nation
- Complete and clear a criminal record check
Starting wage depends on experience and training.
Please provide a Resume to the School Superintendent (email@example.com) at Lach Klan School.
Lach Klan School
The Gitxaała, also known as Git Lax Mo’on, people of the saltwater, are one of the most ancient societies on the Northwest coast. The community has a population of approximately 350 people. Health and wellness guide a variety of community initiatives, often including Lach Klan School. Our school includes pre-school to grade 12 and currently serves 75 students. We are located in Kitkatla, about 45km southwest of Prince Rupert on Dolphin Island and accessible by boat and seaplane. The area is home to a wide variety of animal and sea life, a multitude of islands, and breath-taking views. This area is abundant with opportunity for an outdoor enthusiast.