Position: Drug & Alcohol Clinician
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday
Reports to: Health Director
Closing Date: When a suitable candidate is found
The Gitxaała, is one of the most ancient societies on the Northwest coast. The community has a population of approximately 350 people. We are located just over 45km south of Prince Rupert and are accessible by boat and seaplane. The area is home to a wide variety of animal and sea life, a multitude of islands, and breath-taking views. This area is abundant: with opportunity for an outdoor enthusiast.
Reporting to the Health Director, The Drug & Alcohol Clinician functions as a member of the Gitxaała health team. Through assessment and involvement of each client and their family, the Drug & Alcohol Clinician develops and implements a plan of care and interventions to assist the person in managing their addiction challenges.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide individual client case management.
- Provide individual and group counselling.
- Make referrals for community and residential program.:
- Facilitate group meetings.
- Provide education to clients, families, and others.
- Provide crisis response.
- For more details, please request the full job description of the Health Services Coordinator.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree In an Allied Health, Behavioral or Social Science field relevant to the position.
- Plus, two (2) years recent experience in a health setting working with complex care clients with addiction challenges.
- Or equivalent related knowledge, skills and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Experience working with BC First Nations organizations and communities.
- Valid CPR and Naloxone certified.
Benefits of Working for Gitxaała Health:
- Sun Life Plan enrollment Four weeks’ vacation with one year of continuous service.
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions (up to $6000.00).
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities.
- Free housing is provided 4 paid trips to and return from Prince Rupert per year.
- Vehicle will be provided for use on island.
SALARY: $31.99-$39.98/hr. based on education and experience
Please send resume and cover letter to Norman Ridley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Closing Date: When a suitable candidate is found.