Gitxaala Nation develops and enhances opportunities for our community members by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, Integrity, and professionalism, Gitxaala Nation strives to build a proud, sovereign, sustainable Nation.
If you have ambition, talent, drive and are looking for a satisfying career at the Continuous Learning Centre; then we have an opportunity for you. We are currently seeking a candidate for the position of CLC Employment and Training Program Coordinator in Prince Rupert.
Reporting Manager of Training and Employment, the Coordinator is an initiative-taker who can work on their own as well as within a team environment. The coordinator has superior administrative skills, task oriented, keen researcher, and enjoys working on a variety of administrative and learning activities at once. The Program Coordinator will have experience working in a client-centered environment where learning and counselling have led to meaningful employment or educational opportunities. This is a full-time position with a regular schedule of 35 hours per week with some requirement for evening or weekend hours as needed.
- Coordinate community access for members to ongoing training, employment, and education
- Maintain facility hours by ensuring it’s open to the public during regularly scheduled hours.
- Market and communication opportunities for community members.
- Assist as needed with facilitating programming in the classroom, including access to online training, ensuring needed supplies are present, and assisting participants as needed.
- Ensure the facility is a safe and welcoming place for community members to access.
- Establish a working relationship with staff in the Employment, Training and Education department to gain a full understanding of all programs and services.
- Work with Employment, Training and Education staff to assist in various planning and development meetings and on projects and events as required by the CLC.
- Understand and enforce department policy and communicate policy to members of the community.
- Administrative duties related to the smooth functioning of the Centre, communication with other departments, daily correspondence, ordering of supplies, budget management and assist with any other duties related to the management and administration of the Centre.
- Facilitate and evaluate the lending systems for the Facilitator resource library and Learning library.
- Coordinate the ordering of supplies and equipment as needed to maintain the continued operation of the center.
- Facilitate the ordering of work gear and other required supplies for members for employment.
- One year office administration, facility management, or program coordination experience
- A combination of experience and education will be considered for this position.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Initiative-taker that works well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills including data entry and the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong research skills and ability to catalogue information.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Desire to work in an adult learning environment.
- Superior administrative support skills
- Must be prepared to work flexible work hours.
- Ability to work independently while contributing to the team environment.
- Ability to assess, monitor and evaluate success.
- Excellent and professional communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
HOURS OF WORK
Hours of work are between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm with an hour for lunch between 12 pm and 1 pm. Some flexibility may be required depending on the training needs of the community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Deb Stava, Director of Education
Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry.
January 24, 2024