Position: Administration Office Manager – Lach Klan School
Reports to: Principal
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates office administrative services including implementing and updating administrative policies, procedures and services.
- Responds to in-person and over-the-phone inquiries providing information to staff, parents, students and the public, relaying messages and acting as a resource or contact person for the school.
- Prepares, maintains and files a variety of school-based records, lists and reports.
- Designs, compose and types of materials and documents, as required, and edits and formats documents as requested.
- Maintains related accounts, including the collection of cash, issuing receipts and cheques, depositing funds, month-end balancing, bank reconciliation and producing reports as required.
- Sets up and maintains financial records; verifies and enters account transactions ensuring that actions are appropriate, properly coded and have the required supporting documentation to meet Superintendent and Board of Directors accounting requirements.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment by researching products, pricing and suppliers and initiating and authorizing online purchase requisitions, as delegated by the Principal, using appropriate payment methods as outlined in established policies, regulations and procedures.
- Receives goods, checks invoices and purchase orders and ensures the accuracy and condition of orders.
- Opens, screens and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and emails.
- Arranges meetings, prepare and circulate agendas, record minutes and book appointments in the Principal’s calendar.
- Assists with the arrangements for special events i.e., guest speakers, parent/teacher interviews, and open houses.
- Provides student supervision in the office in the temporary absence of the teacher or administrator.
- Assists students/staff in the case of injury or illness and performs assigned duties during fire/earthquake drills and other crises.
- Communicate daily and consistently with teachers regarding attendance.
- Actively participate in training/professional development opportunities.
- Active participant in all community and school activities and events.
- Building collaborative and effective relationships with students, staff, parents and the community.
- Holding meaningful and insightful conversations with students, faculty, and parents, and mediating communication between these groups.
- Proactively identifying methods for school administration best practices.
- Supervised students during exams and summer work.
- Performs other assigned, comparable or transient duties which are within the area of knowledge and skills required by this job description.
- Other duties assigned by the principal and Superintendent that are consistent with the above duties.
Qualities and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of First Nations communities in the Pacific Northwest.
- Grade 12 or equivalent, and one (1) year post-secondary Office Administration Certificate including courses in basic accounting records management and computer skills.
- One (1) year of office administration experience.
- Knowledge of Office Administration including knowledge of Microsoft software as well as D.R.U.M.S. Data Records and User Management System for First Nations Schools.
- Knowledge of records and project management, budget preparation and control as well as bookkeeping principles.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to manage multiple student files.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of personal and life skills management.
- Comfortable working with children of different ages, as well as faculty and parents.
- Must be reliable, confidential, supportive and a positive role model in the community.
- Knowledgeable of current school administration software.
- Must follow the policy and procedures as set out by the Gitxaala Nation.
- Complete and clear a criminal record check.
We provide Two-year contracts, health benefits, a pension and a competitive salary.
For additional information or to submit an application for this position, send your cover letter, resume, three references and documentation of your credentials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lach Klan School
The Gitxaała, also known as Git Lax Mo’on, people of the salt water, is one of the most ancient societies on the Northwest coast. The community has a population of approximately 300 people. Health and wellness guide a variety of community initiatives, often including Lach Klan School. Our school includes preschool to grade 12 and currently serves around 80 students. We are located just over 45km south of Prince Rupert and accessible by boat and seaplane. The area is home to a wide variety of animal and sea life, a multitude of islands, and breathtaking views. This area is abundant with opportunities for an outdoor enthusiast.